Wednesday, May 31, 2006

In the beginning...


In the beginning, Dave & I planned to buy a pre-owned home near Saint John, New Brunswick. We searched for many months and found very little that we could afford or that we liked. At the same time, we were both experiencing difficulties with allergies, so I began to explore what would make a "healthy" home for us. That's when I found straw bale homes online like this one in the photo (interiour shot). Beautiful. Handcrafted. Energy-efficient beyond imagination.

We found a family in NB who had built a strawbale house, and they graciously invited us to visit them to learn more. After several hours of interrogating those fine folks, we drove away knowing our path had just changed direction for the better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscription Services:

RSS Feed Subscribe to Stonehouse Strawhouse.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!