Monday, September 18, 2006

Pre-Workshop Work

My three week vacation is over, so I'm back in my cave at a computer. It's a good job, but I *so* loved being outdoors working on the house every day. Over the coming days, I'll attempt to bring the blog up to date during my lunch break to share the progress of our home. Here is our home, just before the workshop.


Here also you can see my Mom & Dad working on installing the curb on which the straw bales will be placed. Jeffrey Ponsford is in the orange shirt. He hails from Ontario, but we definitely consider him to be an honorary Maritimer. Jeffrey is a professional straw baler, and came a few days in advance to help us prepare the house for the workshop. His sense of humour and hard work ethic are amazing - it made tough times seem easy for us. Jeffrey was later joined by other professional balers, but I'll get to that in another posting.

It was a hectic week preparing for our workshop, but it all came together in time for Friday (Sept 1) night's kick off and public lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscription Services:

RSS Feed Subscribe to Stonehouse Strawhouse.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!