Saturday, August 19, 2006

On the other side of the fence


I work in communications & marketing, so I have the privilege of art directing photo shoots and publications as well as writing and editing copy in order to tell stories - nearly every day. When I'm in the midst of a photo shoot, I cringe when I can tell one of the models is feeling uncomfortable b.c I know they'll look uncomfortable in the final product. I can't even stand being in the photographer's test shot myself, but every once in a while, I end up on the other side of the fence. The story of our straw bale home construction will be featured in a local suburbian lifestyle mag, called KV Style. The journalist/editor, Paula White, was incredibly kind and laughed when I indicated I'd do it if she could make me look as good as a young Demi Moore. We all know *that's not* going to happen, but it's a great opportunity to promote natural building to a whole new audience and to raise awareness for our workshops. Stay tuned for the August 26th release.

Yesterday was a rough day for construction. A few misunderstandings and on-the-spot decisions had to be taken care of in the middle of a tough day at the office. It's what I expected it would be like, but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Dave and I feel hung over after such a long, hard day (he got home from work at 1am).

Today is my father's birthday. The big 6-5! Happy Birthday, Pops. We're preparing for a party with his friends in the local community. It'll be a delightful break from the bustle of construction.

This is a nice shot of the sun setting behind the cedars that Dave took last week on the property.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Miley said...

Good luck on your project. The area you are in looks sooo nice. Let me know if there is any way i can assist.

Leslie
http://pasostrawbale.blogspot.com

2:45 AM  
Blogger StrawBoss said...

Hi Kara,

Thanks! I love the windows, too! They will make a big difference in the inside temps. We're busy preparing to exterior plaster. Hope your wall-raising is a success. Just don't unlock the beer until everything is done!
Judy

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscription Services:

RSS Feed Subscribe to Stonehouse Strawhouse.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!