Thursday, October 05, 2006

Where are the flamingos?

It was "A wild, wild party," said Kim Mitchell, but he didn't attend this wild one. Dave S. turned FORTY this week and celebrated this event with a single cool, tall one (a beer, that is), and an enormous piece of our secret-family-recipe carrot cake.

Party guests celebrated in style, with the finest of mud-stained clothes (so avant garde), and thematic decor of retro latex balloons and "over-the-hill" motif.

Far too much Chinese take-out was had by all, and far too little beer was consumed.

My gawd, we're getting old.

Happy 40th, Dave!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have enjoys the pictures and updates of your adventure. I am only wishing that you had the time to document every little frustration and success.

My husband needs a bit more convincing before we jump into our own strawbale.

Mostly (as with most men) it is the financial questions. And even with all my tireless research the financial side of the strawbale is hidden.

Can you help me at all?

Thanks,

Deb Bradley
kylendeb@eastlink.ca

9:51 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Hi Deb

Absolutely. Feel free to give me a call or email me with your questions. I'll email you directly with my contacts.

-k

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscription Services:

RSS Feed Subscribe to Stonehouse Strawhouse.

Subscribe with Bloglines
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!