If we make it through December...
And, a second view from the exterior. Check out our new light fixtures too!
A shot of our new one-piece tub/shower. This one involved a bit of stress last weekend. I plastered the wall in the utility room directly behind the shower before I noticed that the plumber had mistakenly installed the wrong faucet set...
Four hours of plaster work had to be removed in order to remedy the situation. Now, we've decided to cover that wall in the neighbouring utility room with tongue & groove pine. More expensive, but durable.
Here's a glimpse of the peeled-log loft railing underway. It was supposed to be complete a number of weeks ago along with the stairs, so we're hoping we'll see it done very soon.
A rough photo of one of the nichos we've carved into the wall. These are little indented shelves that we'll plaster. We used a hedge trimmer to do the cutting.
The fireplace should be complete this week; the propane has to be hooked up and the trimming has to be put around, so we're close to having that as a heat source.
Our in-floor radiant heat and solar domestic hot water should also be complete this week, as well as our bathroom plumbing (yeah, a functioning water closet!).
The electrician (aka Dad) is humming along now, with a significant amount of wiring complete. If we didn't keep distracting him with carpentry work i.e. studding, door installation and drywall, he would probably have been done weeks ago.